200-Hour Foundational Yoga Teacher Training
2022 YTT Schedule Now Available!
Join my newsletter for future Yoga Teacher Trainings
Winter 2022 Schedule
*Fridays 5-9pm, Saturdays 11-7pm, Sundays 12.30-5pm
(Jan 14-16, Jan 28-30, Feb 11-13, Feb 25-27, March 11-13, March 25-27, April 8-10, April 22-24, May 6-8, May 20-22, June 3-5, June 17-19)
FREE 6-month access to online classes valued at $300 to support your learning during training.
$200 off early registration on or before October 2, 2021 at the Informational Open House. Attend a free class at 9.30am and stay for Q&A session afterwards.
$500 non-refundable deposit is needed to complete registration.
Payment plan offered with request.
Payment Options: Venmo or PayPal
One scholarship award is available for someone with financial need. Provide essay.
Contact Sue for registration
Breathe Yoga KC Holistic Healing Studio
22909 W. 83rd St, Lenexa, Ks 66227
There are no experience or knowledge prerequisites for the 200-hour course -- only a deep commitment to oneself. Students of all levels are encouraged to use this course to either begin or continue a journey of personal exploration and acceptance, and to develop or enhance yoga teaching competencies.
ASHTANGA / VINYASA YOGA PRACTICE
- Cultivate ujjayi (ocean) breath, bandhas (energy locks), and inward focus
- Increase strength, stamina, flexibility and balance
- Establish and deepen a daily asana practice
- Receive and perform hands-on adjustments
- Utilize the breath to its greatest effect
- Deepen your understanding of poses and their effects
- Begin to read the body and adapt poses appropriately
- Sequence poses to create a balanced flow
- Discover a deeper look within oneself for greater healing
- Move the spine in six directions to maintain optimal health
- Learn to articulate the muscular-skeletal components of selected postures
- Deepen your knowledge of the therapeutic value of the asanas in the primary series
- Discover an anatomical language suitable for teaching
- Learn safe, effective adjustments and modifications
- Develop the faculty of concentration
- Cultivate deeper levels of awareness and balance in mind and body
- Establish a daily personal practice
- Learn to lead group meditation
- Assist students in experiencing transformation
- Individualize instruction for students with special needs
- Give deeply connective adjustments
- Sequence postures and structure a vinyasa class
- Share meditation techniques
- Communicate effectively without sacrificing the integrity of a strong class
- Work with a partner
- Cultivate deep relaxation in students
- Tailor sessions for both individual and group instruction
- Give and receive goal-directed feedback
- Listen emphatically
GATHERING AND SHARING
- Study yoga history and philosophy
- Discover yourself and others through journal entries
- Deepen your understanding of yoga through reading selections
- Make a commitment to sangha/kula/community