200-Hour Foundational Yoga Teacher Training
Your Journey Towards Self Discovery Starts August 11, 2023!
Fall 2023 Schedule
*Fridays 5-9pm, Saturdays 10:30am-5pm, Sundays 11.30-4pm
(Aug 11-13, Aug 25-27, Sept 1-3, Sept 15-17, Sept 22-24, Oct 6-8, Oct 13-15, Oct 20-22, Nov 3-5, Nov 17-19, Dec 1-3, Dec 8-10)
when you register by May 1, 2023
FREE 6-month access to online classes valued at $300 to support your learning during training.
$500 non-refundable deposit is needed to reserve your spot. Venmo Sue, or ask Sue about other methods of acceptable payment.
Payment plan offered with request.
Space is limited! Reserve your sacred space today!
Contact Sue for registration
Breathe Yoga KC Holistic Healing Studio
22909 W. 83rd St, Lenexa, Ks 66227
There are no experience or knowledge prerequisites for the 200-hour course -- only a deep commitment to oneself. Students of all levels are encouraged to use this course to either begin or continue a journey of personal exploration and acceptance, and to develop or enhance yoga teaching competencies.
ASHTANGA / VINYASA YOGA PRACTICE
- Cultivate ujjayi (ocean) breath, bandhas (energy locks), and inward focus
- Increase strength, stamina, flexibility and balance
- Establish and deepen a daily asana practice
- Receive and perform hands-on adjustments
- Utilize the breath to its greatest effect
- Deepen your understanding of poses and their effects
- Begin to read the body and adapt poses appropriately
- Sequence poses to create a balanced flow
- Discover a deeper look within oneself for greater healing
- Move the spine in six directions to maintain optimal health
- Learn to articulate the muscular-skeletal components of selected postures
- Deepen your knowledge of the therapeutic value of the asanas in the primary series
- Discover an anatomical language suitable for teaching
- Learn safe, effective adjustments and modifications
- Develop the faculty of concentration
- Cultivate deeper levels of awareness and balance in mind and body
- Establish a daily personal practice
- Learn to lead group meditation
- Assist students in experiencing transformation
- Individualize instruction for students with special needs
- Give deeply connective adjustments
- Sequence postures and structure a vinyasa class
- Share meditation techniques
- Communicate effectively without sacrificing the integrity of a strong class
- Work with a partner
- Cultivate deep relaxation in students
- Tailor sessions for both individual and group instruction
- Give and receive goal-directed feedback
- Listen emphatically
GATHERING AND SHARING
- Study yoga history and philosophy
- Discover yourself and others through journal entries
- Deepen your understanding of yoga through reading selections
- Make a commitment to sangha/kula/community